We’re enjoying our first fires of the season, and they have us feeling warm and cozy. When we talk about how much we enjoy heating with wood, though, our friends raise all kinds of objections. What do we know that they don’t? Or is it the other way around – what do they know that we haven’t yet figured out?
In today’s podcast, we describe each objection or reservation we’ve heard about using a wood stove and then we respond to each one. Sorry it ran long today; there was a lot to cover!
- Professional Chimney Services in Columbus, GA. Our frienf Ken Craig owns it, and through it he sold us both our wood stoves and the outside fireplace we use at the lodge.
- Video showing the installation of the wood stove in the barn
- Video on how to start a fire in a small wood stove
- Video on how and why a wood stove works so well to keep us warm and comfortable
- Video showing us cutting , splitting, and stacking firewood
- Video showing the break-in process for the stove
- Here’s a description of the wood stove swap-out program in Libby, MT