We have an abundance of fun things happening here at the farm these days, so much that we decided to have an episode of the podcast that’s nothing but good news.
- The drip irrigation is keeping things growing through another crushing drought
- We’re getting real production now from the Natchez blackberry we planted last year
- The blueberries are producing berries each morning
- We have peaches on the two June Golds that promise to be ready within 2-3 weeks
- All three of last year’s figs that died back have recovered and leafed out
- Two of the figs we planted this year, the two Papajohns have already set fruit
- We’re fully mulched now on the orchard proper
- Row 16 (figs and pomegranates) has drip hose buried now and is ready for mulch
- We have too much firewood! Two full cords are under the pole barn roof and ready to dry out over the summer
- The muscadines we planted last year are showing LOTS of fruit. Are all the muscadines going to be this fruitful?
- Tomatoes, tomatoes, and (knocking on wood here) no hornworms yet!
- The banana peppers are looking great
- We have 280 feet of beans that are looking positively radiant
- Both my ham radios (the base unit and the handheld) are programmed to the channels I need and working smoothly. Thanks Tom!
- Oddie, our springer spaniel, is responding well to training.